Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kiera Grace is here!!


Kiera was born at 1:28pm on February 4th. She weighed 8 lbs 10oz and was 21.75 inches long. She's quite the big baby and growing well!

The birth was fairly simple since it was a scheduled c-section. We got to the hospital early and then went back to the pre-op room. Not much exciting happened until I got my surgical epidural. As the epidural took effect, my blood pressure took quite a drop - down to 70 over 40. They had to administer some drugs to counteract the drop in blood pressure. Once my blood pressure was stabilized, I was ready for my c-section.

When I was in the operating room and they were moving me onto the table, my epidural line got pulled out. They were able to put it back, but had to shorten the line. In the recovery room, they pulled it out again and this time it stayed out. So, I was off my epidural a lot earlier than I should have been, but that worked out okay. I was able to leave the hospital on Saturday, February 7th, instead of staying another day. I was quite happy to be home.

0 comments: